TERMS & CONDITIONS
Global Independent Music And Film Awards Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of any part or page of Global Independent Music And Film Awards ” Website” internationally is provided by Global Independent Music And Film Awards /Festival (GIMFA) on the following terms:
- By using Website, you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of Website. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to Website.
- GIMFA may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of Website will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using Website.
- Intellectual Property – All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on the Website and all content (including all applications) located on the Website shall remain vested in GIMFA or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Website content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Website content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of Website content requires the prior written permission of GIMFA
- The names, images and logos identifying GIMFA or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of GIMFA and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of GIMFA or any other third party.
- Voting Terms & Conditions
You may cast your vote in the award category by voting on globalindependentmusicandfilmawards.com There is no charge for web entries although internet service provider’s fees may apply when accessing the internet.
a) Restrictions – You are allowed one vote per Artist but you can vote for other Artists in the same award category. All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address. Votes received outside the specified opening and closing times for each vote will not be counted. Voting times are liable to change and GIMFA may suspend, withdraw or re-set voting at its sole discretion at any time. GIMFA reserves the right to discount votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred (including certain bulk voting).
b) Vote Results – The winner will be determined by the total number of valid online votes received during the voting period. The winner will be announced on the GIMFA website in early 2017 .
c) General Terms – GIMFA , its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded. GIMFA cannot promise that the website will be free from errors or omissions nor that it will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. The system and/or service may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond GIMFA’s reasonable control. GIMFA will not be liable to any person in the event that all or any part of the system and/or service is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- Nothing in these terms limits or excludes GIMFA’s liability for personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, GIMFA shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website regardless of the form of action.
- GIMFA does not warrant that functions available on the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- The failure or delay of GIMFA to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive GIMFA’s right to enforce that right.
- 11. Self released and indie label/ indie film production company releases are allowed to enter GIMFA . Self releases/ Indie labels /indie films may be distributed by independent distributors or major distributors.
- All prizes and /or prize sponsors are subject to change . GIMFA will not be held liable for any prize / prize sponsor changes.
- Any award category may be eliminated at any time due to a lack of entries or other . Artists may be nominated in a different /similar category than the category (s) selected on their application . This will be done at the discretion of GIMFA . GIMFA will not be held liable for any award category changes.